Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confessions

I love taking pictures. I try to get that perfect shot. That doesn't always happen, but I rarely edit them. Maybe a crop here or there, but nothing major.

A big reason is I don't have any programs on my computer that can do any extensive editing. I do have Microsoft Paint.

There are two pictures I took that I intentionally edited because I really loved the photos except for some very minor details which would almost perfect them. One was posted in the previous post. The other is me in my ghost Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween costume.

Liz made a comment about the Disney one and I felt bad that I was somewhat deceptive.

These are the original pictures.



I decided to change a few things in the ghost photo. Namely, I didn't like the lights in the background. I also darkened around the eyes and touched up my make up. The results?



The other was a picture I had taken the very moment the Magic Kingdom opened one day. It was my last day in the Magic Kingdom before I left and Mickey had given each Cast Member a free picture download for Christmas. I had the Photopass Photographer take mine in front of the Partners statue. The border was added at the time of check out from the Photopass website (free of charge). It looked so good, many thought it was green screened. I was actually there. The only real imperfection was a couple of people in the archway of Cinderella Castle. So I edited them out.



Later, I realized I really didn't have a photo of me in my costume, except for one in a monorail pilot. My costume for bus ops was just a white button up shirt with black slacks. Rather boring so I never bothered getting a photo. I regretted that decision and decided to do some creative editing to make a costume. The results...



I apologize to anyone dubbed by the photos. There was no ill-intent. I rarely seek perfection, but when I can, I'll create it. Again, this was done with Microsoft Paint and was painful! Editing color by color, layer by layer.

More photo essays should be coming soon and I promise they will be as the were originally taken!

TTFN

3 comments: