Saturday, July 24, 2010

Port Orleans, Riverside Photos

Photos from perhaps the most beautiful resort on Walt Disney World Property. I literally walked around this resort and became more and more impressed with every passing mansion.

Yes, mansion.

If you have never seen this resort in person, let me be the first to say my pictures do not do it justice. I think I take pretty decent photos, but this resort was simply impossible to capture the feeling in the lens. If I ever go back with just one person, this will be the resort I would choose to stay in. More than two, Fort Wilderness (which I also love).

Without further audo, Riverside.

The check in area was designed to look like a train station. The bar area also held that feeling.



On the river is the mill and market. This is the quick service restaurant for the resort.



The Boatwrights Dining Hall was the sit down restuarant. It took two forms. One had the boat as if were being build right above you and the workers just stepped out. The other side is more refined.



Outside is the river with a junkyard pool.



Now, the resorts have two different forms. First was Alligator Bayou. This is a collection of houses tucked away in the trees.



The second part of the resort are the mansions. There are several different mansions named after different types of flowers. Let's stroll down the way...



Do you see what I mean? It really is fantastic.

TTFN

On Deck: EPCOT Secrets
In The Hole: A Party

No comments:

Post a Comment