Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dragon Con Photos (Part 1 of 8)

Here are some more photos from Dragon Con. Some things I know what they are called. Some I have a vague recollection. Some I have no idea. My apologies to anything incomplete or inaccurate.

It starts with the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. A little blurry. Sorry.



Looking around the places you can see a great number of interesting characters. Here we run into some of the Pope's guards in the food court and Superman looking down from a loft bar.



Next we see some puppet work, including that gumball machine thing from Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and Jamie, created and controlled by Puppatoons guru Liz! You may recognize Jamie as one of the Mythbusters. Well, at least an animal adaptation of him.



Moving on, Bane from Batman and some underwater looking guy. I have no clue where's he's from, but he was awesome looking!



Netherworld was out in force with their creatures. They are original and freaky.



Now, I think the girl on the right with a mallet is a video game character, but I'm not positive. I don't know about the blue girl.



There was a band called Cruxshadows there and they had their female members out as well. They aren't exactly ugly. On day one, they were fairies, followed by Snow Angels. Finally, they hung out as metal unicorns. Take a look. If my girlfriend is reading this, I only looked once. I promise!



Can you find Waldo? What about the dragon peeking out from behind that warrior girl's back?



The Devil was there along with some girl in leather with a whip. But not Catwoman. I don't think.



Throughout the Con, there was a blood drive and several costumers encouraged you to give blood. I'm not exactly sure the Joker's offer is voluntary.



...



Oops! I guess I did see those unicorns again. How odd. At least I didn't get a picture of me with them. That would be potentially damaging to the relationship.

Some costumes were pretty good, like this set of four from Beauty and the Beast. And Dumbledoor was looking great.



Now, the cross thing I don't get. I'm pretty sure it's a weapon, but I'm not sure. I saw this guy several times.



During the Masqurade Viewing Party on Sunday Night, we were joined by several friends, including the daughter of Kuipers dressed as that girl from CSI. The most impressive part of the costume is how she managed to get all of her hair (which goes halfway down her back) into the wig.



Again, some cosutmes were great. Take this Avatar character and these Conan warriors.



Having a proper body type for the costume you are attempting is not a requirement at Dragon Con...



...though it helps to have the right assests for the character you are portraying.



I know I've seen this monkey character somewhere before, but I can't for the life of me remember where. Dang it dang it dang it! This is bugging me! Oh well. He was either asking for or distributing candy. I was freaked out, so I didn't stay near it for long.



...



Okay, so I did get my picutre with the unicorns. Don't tell Stephanie! On the upside, I don't look like a total idiot...

...I look like a complete idiot. There is a difference between total and complete idiots. Total has no hope of normalness, complete are caught in a moment of absolute idiocracy. Like my idiot deer-in-a-headlights look.

TTFN

3 comments:

  1. The "underwater guy" is from bioshock a shooter pc gam. The mallet/patch eye character is from final fantasy or chrono trigger can't remember which but it's some epic rpg. The cross is from an anime, it contains some character brothers ashes or something I believe.

    Very cool pics. Mad Hatter is my fav

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Abby from NCIS, not CSI! I only know that because Kenny watches the show. I don't know about any of those others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The monkey is "Gleek", the Wonder Twins sidekick.

    ReplyDelete