Friday, September 10, 2010

Dragon*Con Costumes

I have compiled some 30+ pictures that sorta sum up the whole Dragon Con costume experience. There are a lot more that are not posted yet. And some that will never be posted!

Let me start with some pictures of me and people I know. I don't personally know the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I met them during the Pup Crawl on Friday. I also don't know the Avatar Last Airbender (named Logan), but he won the costume contest for his age group and is a friend of my friends. The Ghostbusters are me, Steve and Liz along with Vapor and the voice of Ahsoka Tano- Ashley Eckstein from the animated Cartoon Network series The Clone Wars. She has a line of clothes called Her Universe she was promoting and wanted a picture of us on her personal camera! Professor Chaos, bringer of destruction and doom! (Butter's alterego from South Park), is Kyle and I really love that costume. Jesse is portraying Les Grossman from Tropic Thunder. I met the woman dressed as Wonder Woman, but I cannot think of her name! I know as soon as I hear it, the lightbulb will go off in a "duh" moment. My apologies! I'm horrible with names.



Before we get to the awesome sweet costumes, here are a few that are personal favorites of mine not because of the greatness of their costumes, but that awesome feeling from youth or some other time in life.

We have The Green Monkeys from the Nickelodeon show "Legends of the Hidden Temple". Awesome! Plus a girl in a gypsy costume. Bonus! Next we have Shredder from TMNT. Amazing. He appears to be drinking some ooze. Smoochy the Rhino and Rainbow Randolph. The costume of Smoochy is from when he was discovered performing as a volunteer at a heroin clinic. They are from the cult movie "Death to Smoochy" about the dark side of children's television. Smoochy was played by Edward Norton with Robin Williams as Rainbow Randolph. If you haven't seen it, add it to your Netflix queue. Buffy Summers is next, but not the traditional Buffy. She is wearing her uniform from the Double Meat Hut, a part time job she once had. And finally, Pee Wee Herman! Very cool.



There are a lot of costumes based on action movies or video game characters. Here we see Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Carrie (is that spelled right?) from Street Fighter, those guys from Halo, Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe, and the terminator and that cop made of silver goo from Terminator 2.



Several costumes were amazing because of how much they reminded one of the original. Below are pictures of the kid from Up (with a stuffed Dug dog), the Comedian from Watchmen, Flo from the Progressive commercials, Lt. Dangle from Reno 911!, and Barf from Spaceballs. He's his own best friend.



Some people looked so much like the characters, it was scary. There was an awesome Will Ferrel Elf, a good Spiderman, Tony Stark and some Ironettes from Iron Man (only 2 of at least 10 in attendance pictured), Joker as seen in the Dark Knight, and The Dude (or his Dudeness) from The Big Lewboski. You need a toe? I can get you a toe.



The costumes were just so elaborate, so good. It was amazing. I can't stress that enough. Here are the last bit for now. They include Alien from Alien, Bumblebee from Transformers, an angel statue that will eat your soul if you blink from Doctor Who (I think), Jason from Friday the 13th, and that female Avatar. Navi maybe? Doesn't matter. Looked mighty good!



Hope you enjoyed. More to come.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment