Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dragon Con Photos (Part 3 of 9)

Correction to previous post title. I already had some pictures posted, so I guess that's one, making the last one (1 of 8), technically two. So this is three of nine.

Moving on. Same deal. Some things I know, some I don't, some I'm a little fuzzy. Feel free to correct or add in comments.

Let's start with what I believe is the rock group from JEM.



And some other school girl with a giant weapon. Is she a video game character? I don't know. The other two are positively video game characters with Princess Peach and Luigi.



A viking. I guess.



I know these guys. Actually, I don't, but I recognize them. R2-D2 and Darth Vader. Duh.



Now we see two classic Batman villians and a mental patient in blood and vines. Poison Ivy and the Penguin make sense, but I don't get the psycho.



Some more Netherworld monsters who look great, compared to the very amateur (but funny in a "aw-he's-trying" kinda way) Jabba the Hutt.



Now, I don't know if this guy is able to ride that old bike. I only saw him standing next to it.



There were plenty of Snooki's running around from True Blood, not to be confused with Sooki from Jersey Shore. I'd say the waitress Snooki was probably the single most popular costume. Steampunks were popular too, but that's not a single character.



This is probably another video game character, but she could be animated. The vampire elf guy I don't know. That little creature moved around too. A little freaky.



These guys are not from a video game. Or are they? I don't know. It's the umbrella guys from Resident Evil. I know it's a movie series, but did it originate as a video game? I don't really remember. Odds are yes, but I'm not positive.



These guys are definately originals from the Marvel comic books. Well, a take on the originals. Captain America and Wolverine.



Now, this character is originally a child's play thing. He's a Lego Man! That rocks.



Here we see another comic book character or two. Don't know the woman, but that is definately Hellboy. A good looking Hellboy too.



There is one thing I learned from Dragon Con, and that is to expect the unexpected. I got lost on the way to a panel and ended up at a pool. And what was in the pool? A couple of Little Mermaids. Oddness. Almost as odd as a woman in garters walking across the street with a gigantic wrench.



This looks awesome, but I have no idea where it hails from. Video game I'm guessing.



The creature below, however, is an original monster that resides in Netherworld.



And this is one of those Ring Wraiths from Lord of the Rings. Actually, this is the King. Amazing costume!



Jesse went around the place as Les Grossman and tons of people wanted pictures with him, included this Jedi Knight and Girl-Robin.



I really only see this costume for what it is not. Why oh why didn't Beaker cover his face with some black mesh? Ah! It would have been great.



Speaking of great, a Superman styled demon was waiting for a different bank of elevators when I asked for this snapshot. I don't know if it's original or from something, but it's a great costume to end on!



TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment