Thursday, September 3, 2009

Picture Update

This will mostly be pictures today.

I woke up early and went to Animal Kingdom. There, Pluto, Minnie and Goofy start the day by going over a checklist and trying to find Mickey. It was a pleasent surprise, one that cannot be pictured (it just can't be done, not a trade secret or anything just photogenically difficult), but trust me. It's cool.

I later went on Expedition Everest; the Kali River Rapids; Dinosaur!, Countdown to Extinction; and walked the Jungle Trek. I got absolutely soaked on the River Rapids. I was wet all day. But that didn't stop me from taking some smashing photos.



After that, I looked into the resort Stephanie and I will be staying in next week. The Pop Century. Finally! A visit from a friend! She's down on Monday and leaving again on Wednesday. We are going to go to Epcot, so I'm not going back there until it's with my Sweetie. She also got another letter, so now I can share it with you. It's a tribute to the World Showcase at Epcot.



I headed back to Hollywood Studios. I didn't take as many pictures because I rode a lot of stuff I've already ridden and posted pictures of. I also saw the Pixar Block Party Bash, but was in a horrible spot for taking photos, so I'll have to go back. I did see a few friends and got my picture taken with them.

Say hello to Goofy and Pluto (who must have followed me from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios!), Dug and Mr. Fredrickson from Pixar's "Up", and Miko the raccoon.



I went to the Animation Studio where they show you what Disney Animation is up to in the near future. Here are some of the posters on the wall.




So, we can all look forward to the "Princess and the Frog", "Cars 2", "Toy Story 3", and "Rapunzel".

There was also trivia at Sid's. I didn't know everything so I didn't even try! I also visited the gardens and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Area. Most of the pictures in the HISTKPA didn't turn out great, but the one below is of a dog's nose.



That's it. Working a whole lot, so the entries might be more sparatic. I'll keep you all in the loop! Be sure to comment and make suggestions or requests!

And a special hello to all my Dragon*Con friends that probably won't read this until they get back. Be safe people.

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully you at least got the #2 trivia question right! Yup, we rode Kali River Rapids once, got soaking wet and have never ridden it since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I got it correct! Detag, Steve, and Darrell, right?
    Wait, is it Hickory, Dickory, and Dock?
    Or is it Snap, Crackle, Pop?
    Maybe Count Cocula, Boo Berry, and Yummy Mummy?

    For those that don't know, it's Ezra, Phineas, and Gus. Other popular characters include Pickwick, the Ghost Host, Master Gracey, Madam Leota, The Bride, the Organist, the Corpse, and the Floating Candelabras (if you can consider this an independent character).

    Each has their own back story at this point in Disney lore. For more information and pictures, check this blog later. Hurry back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zach. This is Kevin. Everything looks really cool. I have not been to Disney in a really long time, so it is fun to see all that has changed. Maybe if I can actually find a decent paying job I could try to come down for a few days later this year. Hope everything is going well. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures.... Keep it up!
    Much Love,
    Your Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course the floating candelabras is an independent character. It's Prudence, Little Leota's maid that was scared to death. That's who I dress up as :)

    ReplyDelete