Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Unplanned Monorail Stunt Show

This will be short because I am typing with one hand. The other is in a sling, both legs are a little messed up, one more than another.

I fell on unmarked wet concrete on the Grand Floridian platform. It happened as I was trying close a door on Monorail Red.

I fell hard. Very hard. It hurt (and contines to hurt) like hell when the medication runs low. But that's only of I move it the wrong way. At this point, I've kinda figured out how to move without much pain.

And here I am...



I spent all day yesterday (9:30 till 6:30) in waiting rooms and seeing a slew of Disney doctors in a facility located behind Norway in Epcot by the way. The doctors debated what kind of injury it is. One doctor thinks it's broken. One thinks its a deep (bone?) bruise. My follow up is Friday. Luckily, I had today and tomorrow off anyway. As far as Friday, I'm not going in to regular work. I may do light duty somewhere, but not on the monorail or its platforms.

More updates to come when I can on my assignment and arm.

All of this happened on the same day I was going to go to a UCF volleyball game as I have become a fan of the sport. I'm not saying Stephanie sabotaged the platform on the day I planned on seeing two squads of girls compete against one another, but the "accident" is very timely, isn't it? If anyone can verify Stephanie's whereabouts from 0330 until 0545 on Tuesday, please email me.

Oh, I don't have a roommate right now. He moved out and he has yet to be replaced.

Since the room is now clean (after the recent departure), I decided to finally post pictures of the room and complex, Chatham Square, as well as my most recent meal so all of you concerned about my eating habits can sorta relax. I'm talking to you Mom, Stephanie, Brenda, maybe Chuck Bell. It's beef stroganoff, peas, garlic mashed potato, french butter bread, and grape Gatorade.






Wait, is that a stormtrooper helmet (aka bucket) on the table by the computer?



We'll get back the bucket later. First I wanted to share the latest Stephanie letter.



It's modeled after the over-hyped Electric Light Show on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the first thing I saw at Disney World three years ago. I've seen better decorations in people's front yards at Christmas but I guess it's suppose to be all nostalgic. I don't get it.

Here's the latest at Sid's trivia in Hollywood Studios.



By the way, that bucket is actually my new piggy bank.

5 comments:

  1. Geez, dude! Don't you be giving Disney a bad name by getting all injured on the job, fer pete's sake! Get well soon, we'll be down there in l0 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little bit better after talking to you and seeing the picture. Keep us updated on waht the doctor sez on Friday. In the mean time, take it easy. Btw, I like the diggs. Not real homey but not bad either. See ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the love everyone. The worst part is that I was sitting in waiting rooms for HOURS and had ample time to think about it. And I don't know what I would have done differently. The pavement didn't even glisten, no hint it was unusually slippery. I'm actually amazed I didn't hit my head on the railing.

    It feels okay with the sling, but not without. Sleeping is interesting to say the least.

    It happened in the unload area at the Grand Flo, and frankly not that many people were unloading that early in the morning. That was lucky, for the guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! The meal is acceptable. Take care of yourself. I miss you!

    Your mom

    ReplyDelete