Friday, September 11, 2009

Sorry for the Delay!

Sorry for the delay. And you're not going to like this. A short blog entry with minimum pictures.

I'm just exausted. I've been working up a storm on the platforms of the Monorail. I'm really starting to love it. I don't begin drive training for a little while, but I'm excited to do that.

There's not a ton that's happened since the last entry. Strike that. A lot has happened!

Stephanie visited and Mom and Abbey are coming in one week.

Yay!

The photos below are from the Stephanie visit. I'll try to have more soon. I'm going to go the resorts in the near future and take photos of all of them. Neato.

Stephanie and I went to Epcot by the way and got a lot accomplished. And we had spectacular seats for Illuminations, the nighttime fireworks show. We sat in Mexico next to another off-duty cast member. Let's just say it was ackward. She started chatting me up the minute Stephanie went to China for some food. And then she sang the words along with the song in the finale. Yeah, a little ackward feeling.

But that wasn't nearly as bad as Italy and the mime.

Okay, to set the stage Stephanie doesn't really like to have attention drawn to her. Notice in all of the pictures of me in costume on this blog, she's nowhere to be found. She has this phobeia about it. Which is okay. She just wants to blend in. Not be singled out.

Now, we are in Italy and a mime comes skating out on a mockup of a boat. We decide to stay and watch. Then he starts pulling props out when the crowd gathers. So far, so good. He pulls out a fishing net and a soccer ball and tosses said ball into the hands of a kid in the crowd.

Stephanie's attention-radar goes off and she stands behind a pole so the mime doesn't see her. I do not stand behind any pole.

Don't beat me to the punchline.

So he tosses the ball and the kid throws it back, sinking the ball, like a basketball shot. Crowd cheers. Another kid, same deal. He then points to a very small child and pulls out a small soccer ball. The kid throws it, makes the shot.

Then, he tosses ME the larger soccer ball. Stephanie has fled to Germany by this point, so I'm on my own. The mime indicates to the crowd that I'm big, so he backs up. Really REALLY backs up. I can't possibly throw the ball that far. And I don't make it. We try again. And I don't make it.

The mime then makes sure I remember that the kids made it, so he tosses me the small soccer ball and gestures for me to step forward. I do, but let's face it, I'm horrible. Fourth time's the charm and I finally make the shot to the sacastic applause of all the on-lookers, sans Stephanie of course.

I spend the next hour trying to find her. Eventually I catch up with her in "Das Teddybar Shop" in Duetchland.

This story is 100% true.

Except for the part about Stephanie running away in horror. She actually stood close by, but she definately stayed behind that pole.

All in all, a fantastic trip. Except for the mime and both of us leaving our phone chargers at the resort.

Oh, and the embarrasment of Stephanie pointing out that beds are suppose to have comforters, not just a sheet and blanket. A 1970's woven, slightly tattered blanket at that. She is a loving girlfriend and helped refurbish my room. And when I said refurbished, I mean took charge and generously helped me out. She's awesome and I love her to death. Thank you so much for my new sheets Sweetie! I adore them!

The picture for tonight at the latest in the Stephanie-Letter Series (this one themed after the Rockin' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith), Stephanie and I with Winnie the Pooh and friends (Pooh had the hots for Stephanie), the Orlando Airport, the American Adventure Drum and Fife band, and me on a Segway.







Now, to bed. I work the morning shifts which means I'm at work between 5:15 and 7:00, depending on the schedule for that day. That does mean I'm off at 3:00 or so in the afternoon. Everyday I say I'm going to go home, and everyday I end up back in the parks playing!

And let's not forget what today is. We shall never forget.

2 comments:

  1. That story was great. I love it when OTHER people get put on the spot, heehee.

    And I'm so glad Stephanie gave your place a bit of the woman's touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the "Stephanie" pictures you are drawing. I hope you keep it up for the rest of your time at WDW.

    ReplyDelete