Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduating from Georgia State University

Well, today's the day.

I'd like to share with you some of the sights from Georgia State University.

We start with the Student Center and move across the breezeway into the Urban Life Center. You can also go into the University Center from here as they are all connected. In fact, it's often hard to draw the line from one "center" from the other.



Next we go into the Sports Arena. I spent quite a bit of time in here.



One of the places you can go to from the courtyard is the Library with some Saxby's coffee. You could also go to Kell Hall. Kell is where the arts people hang out, so there is a lot of art-sy stuff around here. Kell was also a parking lot long long ago, before it was converted into classrooms. You still have to use the ramps to make your way up or down most of the hallways in Kell. You can also see a look at Sparks Hall from across the street.



Journey up the road and you arrive at Aderhold and the Rialto Center. It's not a fun hike, especially with the wind, but it sure can be nice looking. Especially Grant Park. (minus the certifiably crazy people preaching)

\

At the end of our quest, we will conclude at the new Science Center, the Student Activity Center, and (appropriate to end with), Alumni Hall.



Thanks for going on this little walk around with me. I've had a lot of great memories here, and I know some of you have had the opportunity to have some unique experiences here too. I'll have a reflection later on with some posts from Star Wars Night and the Kyle / Jesse collaboration. What a fantastic project! You have to see it! I've tried to get it downloaded, but it's a DVD-R so I'm having trouble. It's amazing, really amazing. Some brillant improv.

I don't know what's funnier. Kyle the Jedi using the Force to open a door, Jesse the Stormtrooper singlehandedly arresting a Jedi. Both had some great one liners. "It's attached to your hip!" "The Rebellion Will Prevail!"

This whole scene was part of a school project. We recieved an A.

Well, I guess the next blog entry will come from not a Georgia State student, but a Georgia State Alumni.

Go Panthers and thank you to all the family and friends that helped me reach this point in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Great photo's of campus. Yes, that Star Wars project was a blast to work on. I want you to get that posted in some fashion. Let me know if I can help in any way. Congratulations on your graduation and remember that you are about to start your journey!

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete