Saturday, August 7, 2010

Streets of America in Hollywood Studios

This is a long entry with lots of photos.

I'm going to start with some neat things scattered around this area. This includes the oh-so-cool Toon Patrol vehicle from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" as well as some other props from that movie. There's also the fountain from Splash with full nudity. I met the Power Rangers. Look at me Go! Go! You can also see a larger than life Christmas card because I took these pictures around the holidays as well as Mater and Lightning McQueen.



Let's get more specific. I'll start with the disappointment. Lights! Motor! Action! Extreme Stunt Show. This is not a disappointing show, just disappointing I got not pictures from it. Just the outside.



Same with Muppet Vision 3D. I didn't get anything inside the theatre, but I did find some Muppet looking things.



Next, let's look at the Backlot Tour. As you wind through the prop warehouse, you can see some actual movie props from several feature films. The tour itself also highlights some nifty props and real life vehicles, including Walt Disney's own aircraft. Notable movies included are Muppets Take Manhattan, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Con Air, Herbie Fully Loaded, Herbie the Love Bug, Return of the Jedi (Star Wars), Dead Man's Chest (Pirates of the Caribbean), Hanna Montana The Movie, Pearl Harbor, and Empire Strikes Back (Star Wars).



As you exit the Backlot Tour, you can visit the monsters of Monsters Inc. If you look at the postings on the wall, there are some humorous monster laws and recommendations posted by HR. I got my photo with Mike Wazowski (that's Wazowski with one "i") solo and later with Kyle and his family. I like to call that shot my Christmas Family Photo because it was taken two or three days before Christmas.



Nearby is the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Play Area. This is pretty neat looking, but geared towards youngsters. I should have gotten some people in the pictures. That nose is at least eight feet tall.



Now, the Jedi Training Academy. The Jedi who runs this is pretty funny. Unfortunately, my guy lost every time. I would cheer for Lord Vader loudly every time, especially if I was wearing a Dark Side t-shirt. I don't know why I felt the need to take so many pictures of Stormtroopers. It's not like I'll never see them again!



The Training Academy is of course right outside Star Tours. In case you didn't know, there's a couple of points of interest in here. First, a Kermit the Frog skeleton. Second, posters of other Star Tour locations. Now, Star Tours will undergo refurbishment soon as it heads to new planets in the newly expanded universe thanks to Episodes I, II, and III. When Kyle and I rode this with the family, his seatbelt didn't fasten and we were forced to debark and ride a different unit.



Looks like a Biker Scout fell off his bike there. Probably not TB-2719...

Before we leave, I want to show you some views of the streets. I really like these shots because of the lack of people. If you look closely, you can tell I took them during Christmas time because there are lights everywhere for the Osborne light show.



Thanks for joining me! Where are we going next?

TTFN

On Deck: Monorail and Bus Ops Stories and Secrets
In The Hole: An Epcot Resort

1 comment:

  1. By far, my favorite post you've done in a long, long time!!!

    ReplyDelete