Monday, August 31, 2009

I Almost Forgot! Spider Man and Boo Preview

I almost forgot to mention two things today. (Yes, this is the second post for today.)

First, there is a sneak preview of Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade on Wednesday night at 11:00. I'm off Thursday, so I'll be there. (If I can). Two things are hendering me. First is the parking is in this lot that I have unsuccessfully tried to find on three seperate occassions. Second is it's only open to Magic Kingdom Cast Members. I think I qualify, but I'm not positive.

Second bit of news.



The Walt Disney Company Acquired Marvel Entertainment.

This includes over 5000 characters, including the X-Men, Iron Man, and Spider Man.

Read the press release here.





I like the idea. It increases the Disney brand by expanding the universe with already established characters. These characters also tend to attract a more mature crowd than some of the Disney ones, so that can help grab some of the less tapped markets for Disney.

I don't know what will happen with "our friends down the street" (Universal Studios). They already use many of the Marvel characters, including some attractions. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

1 comment:

  1. I'm real curious how the Marvel / Universal relationship will change...

    ReplyDelete