Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Myrtle Beach and Baseball

Okay, I'm back from Myrtle Beach.

Stephanie is also back home. We had a great trip! But more about that in a little bit.

Before I left for Myrtle Beach, I went to a Gwinnett Braves game (minor league baseball) with my cousin Kevin. It was a really interesting experience. We had a good time. We sat on the berm; a grassy hill just past the outfield fence. Never seen a game from there.

I said I was going to catch a homerun ball.



And I did. Awesome.

Earlier in the day, I went to the Braves Museum. Here's some of the pictures I took on the tour and in the museum.

Braves Museum

By the way, the answers to all of the Braves trivia questions can be found in the slides.

Okay, so on to Stephanie! We stayed here in Georgia for a little while. This gave Stephanie some quality bonding time...



...with the cat, Nemo.

So, we left the state and headed to South Carolina's Myrtle Beach.

We left on Sunday and returned Wednesday. During our trip we went to Margaritaville, Planet Hollywood, Boardwalk, Broadway on the Beach, and some other cool places, in addition to the beach.

By the way, I got burned.



Pretty bad. But I was able to make some cool hand prints on myself. Neato!



I had to find some relief from the agony. I found this cool product call Zydrate. Zydrate comes in a little glass vile. And the little glass vile goes into a gun like a battery. And the Zydrate gun goes somewhere against your anatomy. And when the gun goes off, it sparks and it helps with the agony.

Okay, so those are acutally lyrics from a song in "REPO: The Genetic Opera". Awesome song. True relief came from the following.



Chilled aloe gel. Feels great.

It is a bad thing that I burned. Totally unhealthy and painful. I did put on sunscreen, but I guess it washed off. I didn't reapply. Lesson learned.

Back to the sights. Here are some pictures from the trip.

Myrtle Beach

I also gave Stephanie the other part of her gift: a scrap book I made of our last three years together. Here are photos of each of the pages.

Stephanie Scrapbook

The drive back today was a little bit miserable. It's always sad leaving Stephanie. Well, today she left really early in the morning via airplane. That left me in Myrtle by myself. I had to find something to do.



I decided it was probably best to just go ahead and make the long drive back home and not look for trouble.

By the way, the Gay Dolphin is a sign we saw when we got lost (for the first time) looking for a place to eat. Apparently, it's a local landmark. An old, popular gift shop. There were tons and TONS of gift shops. At least one every quarter mile. No joke.

I wish we had found a decent map of Myrtle. We got lost finding food when we first arrived. We got lost looking for the romantic restaurant. And we got lost looking for the airport. No fun with that.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip. I really enjoy spending time with Stephanie. She's wonderful and I love her a lot.

Alright, alright. I'll shut up now. Stop gagging, reader!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zach!
    Doug and I LOVE your blog of Myrtle Beach. We're so happy you and Stephanie had a great time. I'll bet it would have been even better if we had been there...ha,ha!
    Love,
    Brenda and Doug (Stephanie's mom and stepdad)

    ReplyDelete