Sunday, August 23, 2009

Update from Disney

Well, I went through training today for the Monorail and recieved my costume (uniform). It sounds pretty good. I will be training the rest of this week on the platform. 16:00-00:45 tomorrow, 15:00-23:45 Tuesday, 05:30-14:00 on Friday and Saturday.

Yes, Disney uses 24-hour time so I'm going to do the same. In case you don't know how to do it, just add 12 to your p.m. hour (or subtract it to find out what it is in the 12-hour format). So 7:00 p.m. is 19:00. 00:45 is 12:45 in the morning.

Got it? Good.

Now I don't have all of my uniform pieces yet so I won't publish those photos until I do. But I did take some pictures of certain details of the uniform including the buttons on the winter coat, the buttons on the shoulders of the short sleeve shirt, and my pilot wings (along with a close up shot of the center logo on my wings).






Like I said, you'll have to wait to see any more. But it looks pretty snazzy, especially compared to some of the other costumes on the resort.

Again, this update will be mostly photos telling the story. I haven't made it to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom yet. Those will come, but they close pretty early and I've got other stuff going on.

I have been to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I'll post a slideshow later, but this computer's awfully slow. In the meantime, here's some highlights of the Magic Kingdom.







And Epcot...







I haven't posted any pictures from my trip down. Well, now I will starting with the 6:30 trip to Chick-Fil-A by Jesse's.







This first day also included a stop in Downtown Disney.






Now, I've taken a lot more pictures, but I'm going to wait to post them. Hope you enjoy and be sure to check in tomorrow for the full Monorail costume and some other cool stuff. (hopefully!)

As a quick reminder, the photos will show up more full if you click on them.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures sweetie!! Good luck tonight and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete