Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Scary, Festive, Beautiful and Odd Boardwalk Photos

Welcome to Disney's Boardwalk!



This is area is essentially two seperate parts. Part of it is a Disney Vacation Club resort and part of it is a nightlife play area for adults. I redirect guests to the Boardwalk if they are looking for more adult-oriented entertainment now that most of Pleasure Island is closed in Downtown Disney.

Total side note that I won't share with guests but I will share here: I know why Downtown closed most of Pleasure Island's clubs. The edited version is that it wasn't making money. In order to make money, they would have to operate in unsafe and very unDisney conditions, such as playing different music that attracts potentially (and often) abusive crowds and so forth. Enforcing the rules (like age limits and alcohol cut-offs) and making it a safe place drove away a good deal of business so the decision was made to close the clubs rather than compromise the integrity of Disney and disobey laws or operate in a manner that created unsafe conditions for guests and cast members. Now knowing more of the story, I can say I completely agree with Disney's decision to go in a different direction.

Anyway, back to the scary odd Boardwalk.

Why is it scary? Have you ever seen it's pool or some of the decorations? Well, you soon will. But first, let's start with a few of the scenes around the riverfront that create a very viberant nightlife. Here you can find a dueling piano bar (Jellyrolls), a number of restuarants including the new Kouzzina, Cat Cora's first signature establishment. You can also find ESPN Club and some cool lights over the Flying Fish Cafe. Inside Seashore Sweets (say that five times fast!) you can look at the trophy, tiara, robe and septor used by Miss America. Cool beans! You can see some rooms from the resort actually overlook the waterfront nightlife area.



The other part is the Disney Vacation Club Resort aspect.



Now, I don't normally take pictures of the Vacation Clubs because they are so similar to another resort. The Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, and so forth are very much like their regular resort counterparts. The Boardwalk is a little different. Let's look first at the exterior and the lobby.



In the lobby, by the fireplace is this chair...



I don't want to sit in the man-flower-child-girl chair.

Outside is the circus pool.



I don't want to swim in this pool. It's not the elephants, but did you see the crazed clown slide? How can you miss it!



can't sleep...clown slide will eat me......can't sleep...clown slide will eat me......can't sleep...clown slide will eat me......can't sleep...clown slide will eat me......can't sleep...clown slide will eat me...

3 comments:

  1. I went to Jellyrolls when I was there a couple of weeks ago. It was a blast. Boardwalk is a cool place. The clown slide will not eat you Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Zach. The clown slide is creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the beautiful merhorse sculptures on the celiling and I loved the Lucy the Elephant Hotel model, but I had tried to put that horrendous clown THING out of my mind. THANKS ZACH

    ReplyDelete