Sunday, July 5, 2009

Disney Monorail Fatality

As you may or may not know, there was an accident at Walt Disney World around 2am on July 5.

The conductor of the train was killed and a few others injured. One train rearended another at the Ticket and Transportation Center.

I have been invited to join the Transportation Cast in August. This includes the monorail.

I am still willing, able, and highly anticipating my job. This is an unfortunate event, but I still feel that Disney overall is a safe environment.

I honestly believe it will safe to work there because whatever caused the accident will be investigated. Everyone will be on their A-game. Extra cautious. Safety inspectors, operators, imagineers, passengers, everyone.

I don't know what this means for my job at Disney. I would think that the system will be operating at full capacity by the time I get down there if not shortly after that.

For the record, I still want to be a monorail conductor. That would still be the dream job. Honestly, accidents can and do occur in every single occupation. I don't see monorail operator as necessarily more dangerous than any other job.

I really don't think I'm going to comment much more on this unless it becomes apparent I need to. It hasn't been released yet, but my thought is that the operator was part of the Disney College Program, the same one I am taking part in. He was 21 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment