Saturday, July 25, 2009

Merry Christmas! (in July)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Today is July 25, the official day to celebrate Christmas in July.

What am I going to do to celebrate? Nothing much. I will be playing my Christmas songs from my ipod and wearing a Santa hat.



Speaking of season, it's actually been pretty great weather recently, right?

Oh, and I'll start my letter to Santa.

Here's part of it:

An FX Stormtrooper helmet
A Thrashers Away RBK Edge Jersey
Any of the following DVD's: Family Guy Volume Seven, South Park Season Eight, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (At World's End), Star Wars Episodes I and II
Cash, the old fashioned leafy green kind
New Cargo Pants
Gift Certificates to any of the following: QuikTrip, Moe's, Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut or Taco Bell.

In case you didn't hear, the Taco Bell dog, Gidget, passed away this week. She was about 15 years old, so she had a good life, especially for a chiwa-wa.

Actually, this Christmas in July has me looking ahead to Christmas in December. This will be the first Christmas I'll spend away from my family since I'll be working in Disney World. Thanksgiving too. Now, I've missed some Thanksgivings in the past due to work or visiting Stephanie's family in Rhode Island, but never Christmas. I'm sure I'll be fine. I mean, I suspect I'll be really busy and probably working since Christmas is the time when EVERYONE apparently heads to Florida. My family I'm sure will be fine too.

Well, anyway. My next few weekends are stacking up with tearful good-byes. I'm going to spend this weekend with Stephanie, next with the 501st / Black Bunny Crew (hopefully), the following with the Braves and family. That's it. Then the mouse.

OH!

Totally switching subjects. I have basically lined up my internship for spring 2010. I will be working with the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office in an emergency management capacity. According to Lt. Pearell, they are in desperate need of help. So, I'll be writing policies and developing exercises for the county. Cool.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment