Tuesday, July 28, 2009

WE WON

Finally!

We won at Mellow Mushroom Trivia!

It was glorious.

Unfortunately, there was no photo to document the event. I've recreated the celebration of myself, Alex, Jed, and Kyle. My apologies to my friends who are legit animators.



Rock out. Or in the words of Alex: SUCK IT THUNDERCATS! Unfortunately, that particular team wasn't competing last night, but the Lab Rats, Wildwood, PMS, and several other popular enemies were there. One of the stick figures was modeled after Alex. Three guesses which one it is. By the way, if it's not playing, shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.

We all had out specialities tonight. Kyle knew which states bordered Kansas. Alex knew who the spokesperson for Colt 45 was. I don't remember what particular question Jed mastered tonight (at least one doesn't come to mind), but he pulled out an abundance of oddball answers from his butt. It happened with such consistancy, it was awe-inspiring. I brought it home by naming the five teams in the NHL's Southeastern Division. We all agreed on several answers and I'm not giving due credit to all, but it was a great night for trivia. $50 in Mellow Cash.

Unfornately, two things happened at trivia. First, we had already paid our bills before we knew the final standings. Second, this was my last night at Mellow Mushroom trivia before going to Disney.

I told Stephanie and she was very happy for us. Our discussion then turned to Star Wars.

Poor sweet Stephanie. She's not the biggest fan of the Wars, but she tries and knows a pretty decent amount for someone who's only seen Episodes I II IV V and VI, once each. Of course, there is some humor in her misunderstandings. She said she'd like a flow chart to keep up with who's died, who's related to who, who comes back (?) and alliances.



Luckily, there's the internet. Hopefully, this helps.

3 comments:

  1. Well 1) several of us knew Billy Dee Williams did Colt 45, and 2) I totally nailed that 'when was Ford founded' question, even if we went with the WRONG year you recommended (but still within the alloted two year range). I also salvaged half of the Wilson-Phillips one. So SUCK IT ZACHARYCATS.

    Jed

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad. I forgot about the Ford question and I've never even heard of the Wilson-Phillips group. I knew I was forgeting something! I just couldn't figure out what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! Great photo slide show with music there. And as basic as your animation is, it's pretty funny. Which one was supposed to be me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete