Monday, July 27, 2009

I Want To Be A Vitale!

Yesterday was the celebration of Steve Vitale's birthday.

I want to be a Vitale!

They are living the life I wish I could live. Steve and Liz are both artists with Steve mostly specializing in animation while Liz has some speciality in puppetry.

My very first job I every applied for was with the Jim Henson Company. I was rejected. I was also about 10 or so at the time. But I loved the idea of puppateering. It was by far the nicest rejection letter I've ever recieved. It recommended I keep practicing and made some suggestions for some puppet colleges.

Anyway, so I saw Liz's workshop with puppet parts everywhere. Foam and fur everywhere! Her newest creation is a Jersey Devil. He didn't have any eyes which actually made the horned, goat footed beast a little more scary.

Liz operates puppatoons.com along with Steve. Below are some pictures I ripped from her site. And a slide show I ripped from Gina. The slide show is of Coco the Dragon at the Reinessance Fair. The bird is Frash, a Thrashers inspired puppet making it on the big screen. The blue thing is Mo, the main star of Puppatooons.






Steve showed off his animation studio in the basement. Complete with tons and tons toys. I mean, wall to wall, floor to ceiling toys. Mostly Star Wars. Now I've been a Star Wars fan for quite a while as well. The only thing I've like before Star Wars was Ghostbusters.

And they've got that too! Liz walked out with a proton pack on. Full operational proton pack. Well, it lights up. It doesn't shoot out streams of pure energy. But other than that.

I didn't take my camera and I am kicking myself!

Maybe Captain from the The Black Bunny will post some of pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment