Thursday, October 22, 2009

Animal Kingdom's Jammin' Jungle Parade

There are so many little things to photo here that it is impossible to get them all. I spent all day on Tuesday there and took over 550 photos. Many of them were just different angles of the same thing trying to find that perfect shot and those perfect, or at least most perfect shots, are the ones that make it to the blog.

A few house cleaning things first. Thanks again to all the kind comments you guys are leaving. Seriously, if you haven't read them go back and revisit. One reason alone is because Loosetoon Steve gives some great insight on things I didn't know or consider.

My goal with these photos is to bring back memories for those that frequent the parks and also to give a very big picture to those that haven't been or it's been a while. I think I'm accomplishing that.

The Atlanta Thrashers, by the way, are 4-1-1 after the shootout loss to Montreal recently. But a couple of nice victories came in back to back road games between New Jersey and their steller defense and netminding as well as the Buffalo Sabres. Good job guys!

Now, on to the Jammin' Jungle Parade. I must be honest and say it's probably the least impressive parade of any of the others here at Walt Disney World. It was still pretty fun, but could have been so much better. The personalized vehicles were cool though.



Oh, and a special shout out to my newest poster DeTag (Ezra).

In his honor, my next posting will be Frontierland. This is home to the Country Bear Jamboree. If you haven't seen this particular "show", wait for my commentary in the next post. Then you can read DeTag's rebutal, which I'm sure will follow in the comments section.

DeTag, which is short for his last name DeTagalongs (I think but maybe I'm wrong), anyway, DeTag and I have a different opinion of this attraction.

And by different I mean like polar opposite. We're talking good versus evil. Or perhaps black and white. Red Sox aganist Yankees, Bulldogs Yellow Jackets! Jedi Sith! Deep dish versus thin crust! Coke or Pepsi! Paper or plastic! Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

Before I leave, I especially want to thank everyone who was so kind as to send me little care packages and such. Trust me, it's is greatly appreciated!

It started with the Virginia care package, the Gummy Gift. Tons of delicious gummy and fruit flavored candies. Amazing! I'm not a huge chocolate fan, only if it's with something. But I dig the gummies! Thank you to Brenda, Doug and Stephanie for the gift!

Next came the following from Gina. I took a picture of it. Now, I was feeling a little under the weather recently (still am), and I got a great package with the infamous black envelope!



Thank you to all who helped make this one possible! I really love it! The pins are not for me, by the way. It's a different project. Basically, I have to trade pins with guests and should I get a really cool one (by Phillips standards), I'll set it aside and trade it for one they gave me. The medicine and honey buns are awesome! The 501st Legion Patch is proudly displayed on my Disney backpack which accompanies me in the parks while the Publix card will be used for nurishment soon enough! Thanks again Gina, Darrell, and anyone else that deserves praise for this undertaking!

Today, I recieved another touching letter from Mom. It contained a terrific get well card and a gift certificate to my greatest enemy, Cold Stone Creamery. Now, I LOVE Cold Stone, but HATE paying for it. The only way I can justify getting it is via gift card.

Thanks again to all of you from back home and my other home in Virginia! I truly miss all of you much more than you know.

I didn't think I would be as homesick as I am, especially because I haven't had a significant break from visitors in quite a while! I knew I would miss some things, but I thought I could cope. Even being as busy as I am with work, class and these blog projects, I still miss my home, family and friends a lot. What's weird is I think I miss Stephanie, Doug and Brenda more from Florida too! I don't know why, it's not like I regularly saw them. I think it's because I know that I don't have the opportunity to see them again until perhaps January unless they visit here.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Thrashers are battling the Capitals and I want to listen on the Internet radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment