Saturday, October 10, 2009

Updates, Updates, Updates.

Thrashers. Disney. Fun. That's the order of these updates.

I'm listening to the Ottawa / Atlanta game right now.

I did listen to the St. Louis / Atlanta game the other night. Great comeback from the good guys to squeak out a win. I really like how they were able to come back from an early goal (by a former Thrasher). It shows me a lot of good things.

I had a whole lot to say, but I forgot it all! I kept thinking I'll write it after the game. Then I was tired. Then I forgot it. Oh well. I'll try to get back to it.

Congratulations to Kovalchuk. He got his 300 NHL goal. Then his 301. Now, he's got his 302nd. Very good on you Captain.

Currently, it's 2-2 in the first intermission. Again, the boys in blue (well, white in Ottawa) didn't give up and fold when they were down by a 2-0 score and managed to tie it up before the buzzer ending the period. Go Hansey!

Here are some highlights from the first two Thrashers games:





Disney now.

I just wanted to address something Vitale Steve brought up in a comment about Cinderella's Castle. Apparently, I miss spoke. Actually, I DID misspeak.

If you missed Loosetoon's comment, here it is:

"We learned on the Keys to the Kingdom tour that it's not "Cinderella's Castle" as in she owns the castle. It's "Cinderella Castle" as in it's the castle from Cinderella."

You are correct sir.

With that being said, please feel free to call me on anything that you may feel I said incorrectly. You may be right. I'll look into it and either recant my statement or explain my reasoning.

Look, I'm human so I'm going to make some errors. I'll always try to be accurate and up front with you, but I'll screw up. Consider this my blanket apology!

Fun now.

It's a little slow getting started, so give it about a minute. And I think they are speaking Swedish. Not sure, but that's okay. It's not necessary to understand the language to enjoy this clip.



My favorite moment happens at the 7:27 mark. Not sure why I like that part so much, but I love it!

Oh, back to the Thrashers for a minute. I recently saw a picture and noticed a bizarre logo on the helmet. "What in the world is that?," I thought.

Well, it's the Thrashers' tenth season and the logo is the 10th anniversary logo.



I threw up a little in my mouth, let's be honest. It reminds me of the Buffalo Slug of the Sabres.



Let's look at how some other recent teams celebrated their tenth anniversary (the Sharks's 15th), logo-wise.



How horrible for the Thrashers. I really REALLY wished they would use the pointy Thrasher more. Can't you just see that logo between "ATL 10"? How sweet it would be.



Oh well. More wishful thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that Thrashers 10 logo is UGLY. And no apologies necessary you silly man. Keep doing the awesomeness that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete