Monday, October 26, 2009

Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Liberty Square Photos

Here are some photos from Liberty Square, starting with me meeting Disney's newest princess, Princess Tiana. She was with her prince, Prince Naveen.



Today was the first day that she met with guests so I think it's pretty special that I got to see her. It was really exciting to be a very small part of something like that. I mean, how many people can say they met a Princess on their first day? Not many.

She is currently doing her meetings behind the Christmas Shop. This area was once a smoking area but has since been refurbished into a little area (I think called her bayou) for her to meet with guests. It doesn't look to much like the bayou right now, but that I guess could change.

She did seem to like my shirt. She asked if I knew Doctor Facilier (the main antagonist) to which I said, "No, I've never met him." Prince Naveen said I should watch out for him because he might turn me into a frog.

Here's a trailer of the movie.



The soundtrack for this New Orleans movie should be amazing. Princess Tiana now also has a little show she does onto the Liberty Belle Paddleboat a few times a day. I didn't see it, but you'll see the boat decked out in Mardi Gras colors.

Now, onto the rest of Libery Square.



There's honestly not a whole lot there as it is the smallest land (I think) in the Magic Kingdom. If it's not the smallest, it sure feels that way. We of course have to start the Liberty Square tour with our beloved Haunted Mansion.



There's also the previously mentioned Liberty Square Riverboat. From the boat are quite a few interesting views, including some things you can only see from the boat. One can also see a different view of Tom Sawyer Island and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, both residents of Frontierland.



By the way, this is the way the boat looked before it was decorated for our newest Princess.



Let's not forget the imfamous Hall of Presidents. I do like this show. A bit of good American history. Below are pictures from the waiting area which is more of a mini-historical exhibit on the men who[m] have held the highest office in this great land.



There's of course some shopping in Liberty Square.



This land also features some nifty places to eat.



I leave you with a few shots taken around the area.



TTFN

5 comments:

  1. What are you saying to Princess Tianna? She looks quite shocked in that 1st pic!

    Interesting that Liberty Square is as small as it is with few attractions, yet it has an entrance off of the main hub whereas Frontierland does not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fun factoids about the architecture and design of Liberty Square. The window shutters on some of the buildings are intentionally crooked because in colonial times, they used leather straps to keep them in place and would commonly be streched or weakened and hang crooked. And even funnier is the walkways. None of your photos show the ground but throughout Liberty Square, there's a brownish pavement in the center of the street that sort of meanders like a stream. Well, once again in colonial days there was no indoor plumbing and folks would empty their buckets out of their windows into the streets. So an actual brownish stream down the middle of the street would have been a common sight back then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to hear the soundtrack from the new movie! Be sure to post about the riverboat show when you get to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should mention the fact that I don't take pictures of the ground. If you could see me taking a lot of my scenery pictures, you'd see that I hold the camera above my head and pointed slightly upward. Why? Because I'm cropping out all of the people's heads.

    It's also funny because if I can ever get my videos to load in the next post, you'd see the pavement during the procession with Tiana. That's why this is an anonymous post, because I can't sign in and work on loading the videos at the same time.

    -Empiresports

    ReplyDelete