Friday, October 16, 2009

Disney's Contemporary Resort

At the request of mom, here are some pictures of the Contemporary Resort. I gave her the option of the Contemporary or Mickey's Toontown Fair in the Magic Kingdom.

By the way, I do plan on each land and each resort having their own photo essay, but if there's something specific you want more immediately, let me know! Also, if you want to see something in a particular resort (outside of a view of the interior of a room), I'll do my best to accomplish that.

I'm going to break my own rule first. Stephanie was in town recently (love her!) and we stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort. I'll have to take pictures of the entire resort later, but I'll show you the room.



No photos of us though. Sorry! My hair was horrible. In fact I got it cut at on Main Street U.S.A. yesterday. I forgot to tell them exactly how I wanted it, so it is VERY VERY short. You will NOT see pictures of this. You might if I get a character photo later, but don't plan on it. Stephanie saw it via text photo. Maybe she'll tell you, but I won't. Oh well. I guess that happens, but hair grows back so no need to fret for too long.

You'll see the whole Nemo theme to the room. Impressive.

We saw the Finding Nemo Musical show at the Animal Kingdom in addition to seeing the sights on Safari and Everest. Well, I saw all of Everest. Stephanie saw a little bit between the cracks in her fingers! We even saw "It's Tough to be a Bug!" This, surprisingly, is a Stephanie suggestion considering she hates bugs. But she can sit through that show. Interesting. It's makes me think she might just want to be lazy and fakes being scared in order to have me do all the work involved with getting all the bugs out of her apartment instead of her being legitimately scared of the creepy crawlers. It's a theory I'm still developing in my mind.

After Animal Kingdom (with visits to every animal in the park!), we went to the Magic Kingdom and a Stephanie-loved dessert. Some sort of orange, citrus soft serve ice cream, this time served in pineapple juice. Very good. Here are some shots of all the cute am-i-nals we got before leaving Animal Kingdom.



And the demon rabbit from Planet Watch.



Oh, and the rose on Master Gracey's grave in the Magic Kingdom. Plus, if you go to Africa in Animal Kingdom to eat a meal (as we did), you can see some exposed brick. I suddenly exclaimed because I recognized the exposed brick as a siloette of Scar from the Lion King talking to a hyenia.



I do miss Stephanie terribly. As always. It never gets any easier whenever she leaves me.

I must mention this before I forget: My mom wanted pictures of the haircutting in the Kingdom and I didn't get any! I had a mental lapse guys. Sorry!

Now, let's get on to the Contemporary photos.

You'll notice a multitude of swimming opportunities as well as a few popular resturants. The monorail also goes right through the resort which is very, well, contemporary looking.

Enjoy!



By the way, it's hot here. Today was the coldest it's been in two weeks. It was 87 degrees compared to the 95-97 degree days we've been having for almost 10 days. I did begin my Criminal Justice class here at Disney. I will not discuss it due to security concerns, but it should be fun.

TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. I aspire to stay at the Contemporary )or Poly) one day. Did you have any problems at Caribbean Beach? The one time I stayed there, I kept loosing my room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That exposed brick silloette thing was awesome. i don't know if i would have seen that at all ubtil you said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. until not ubtil and i bet i spelled silloette wrong too, but i'm to lazy to look it up right now.

    ReplyDelete