Sunday, April 18, 2010

Italy Pictures

Stephanie never made it to Italy. She was going to go by train, but those plans were canceled. So, she's staying in France and will go by Chunnel back to London on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Who knows if she will get her flight out on Wednesday back to the United States.

I already did the post about Italy, so I'm going to post it, even if Stephanie isn't going there.

I really miss her. She's smart, her friend Krista is tough, so I'm not worried about them.

But I'm worried about them.

This has been the longest time I have not spoken with her since we met and it's driving me insane! Just due to the time difference and the Braves schedule, it is difficult. She is calling her mom who is emailing me, so I do have an idea of what's going on. Thank you Brenda!

I've got to think about something else. Braves. Braves. Braves.

And EPCOT's Italy.

Here is the original post...

-----

EPCOT's Italy in the World Showcase is very small. Germany type small. Not exactly huge. But stunning.

Let's take a look around at the statues and beautiful buildings.



Italy certainly has a lot of masks. I've always been fascinated by masks.



There is also an angel statue. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of this magnificent statue in the early morning as the sun hit behind it just right...



There is also a statue of the Neptune, God of the Sea. If you toss a coin behind your back into the fountain, it's said to be good luck.



Finally, I leave you with Sergio the Italian clown.

I've told the story before. Read the story here.

Once you read this post, you can clearly see why Stephanie and I both do not exactly like Sergio. He is not our friend.



Tomorrow, we venture to the African Outpost.

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. At least glad she's going to be heading back home soon. That has to be harrowing. I've got a friend flying to Italy on Saturday. Hope she can make it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your friend.

    I sure do hope they actually make it back on Wednesday. That volcano has really screwed things up.

    Stephanie is not afraid of flying, but her friend is. So Krista is apparently freaking out and understandably so.

    ReplyDelete