Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oops. NHL Playoff Results



Well. I certainly know how to pick them.

The NHL playoffs started yesterday. Detroit at Phoenix, Colorado at San Jose, Ottawa at Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia at New Jersey.

My picks for series winners?: Red Wings, Sharks, Penguins, and Devils.

Who won last night?: Coyotes, Avalanche, Senators, and Flyers.

I can still win out with series predictions. The only thing that I absolutely picked wrong was the clean sweep of the Avs by the Sharks. San Jose can still win the series. They have had a strong team for years, but always tank in the playoffs. Are they the Cubs of the hockey world? I hope not.

One good thing about the opening games, they were all decided by one goal. So if you watched any of them, it was pretty intense regardless of which game it was. In fact the only team that never lost the lead once they got it was the Flyers. The Pens and Red Wings both scored first in their games only to see it get tied up. The Pens never regained the lead whereas the Red Wings got it back before eventually allowing the Coyotes to go ahead.

I really wished I had seen the San Jose - Colorado game. With 50 seconds left, Colorado goes ahead. In San Jose. Off a lucky bounce. Colorado's Stewart puts the puck to the net and it defects off a Sharks skate and in. There was another Avalanche player there, in fact the play-by-play guys thought it was him that tipped it in. I guess a replay later showed otherwise.

Today, we see Montreal at Washington and Boston at Buffalo (both at 7:00) with Los Angeles at Vancouver at 10:00. My series predictions were Capitals, Bruins, and Canucks. So expect the Kings, Sabres and Canadiens to win...

No comments:

Post a Comment