Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Atlanta Thrashers Blue Crew

My words are brief, my thoughts are long.
I present these pictures of girls that are gone.

Too short was their time upon the ice.
But you must agree, they looked real nice.

A tip of the hat, a moment of silence.
For the girls who cleaned snow amongst the violence.

The Crew is departed, left seperate ways.
But in our souls their memory stays.

I may have snuck in a picture of me too.
Because I also cheered in my M. I. B. suit.

I wasn't nearly as noticed, I tended to blend.
Though I followed my boss, that big ol' 'chicken'.

I was part of the team: dancing security guard.
We did work with the Crew, a requirement not hard.

But back to the girls with pom-poms a-wavin'.
And less about me and my face all clean shaven.

Cry not for them, they'll be okay.
These Atlanta women of yesterday.

They were once quite grand, presented by Aaron's
Now our hockey hearts are heavy and barren.

I'll be quiet now and let you see
These lovely girls of Philips Are...

...na. That almost worked. But I have just sinned.
Ruining something nice, just like G. Bettman.

My rhymes aren't working, so I present the Crew.
Who skated around in skirts of Blue.



...and sometimes red.



RIP Blue Crew

-A full list of ice crews can be found here.-

No comments:

Post a Comment